Wire Link Traveling Scholarship Rules and Regulations
Rules and regulations
1. Candidates must be:
• Involved in the wire and cable or related industries.
• Employed full-time in the U.S. for at least two years with a U.S.-based company at the time of travel.
• A Wire Association International member in good standing at the time of application and travel.
2. There are no minimum educational qualifications.
3. A maximum of five finalists will be chosen. These candidates must be available for an interview during the months of December/January (date to be confirmed). Reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
4. The winning candidate must be available to attend the Award Presentation at the annual Wire Association International annual meeting in the following spring.
5. The winning candidate must be available to travel to England and wire Düsseldorf for two weeks that same spring.
6. The winner must be employed by his/her nominating company at the time of travel.
7. The winning candidate must present a full report of his/her visit to the director of the company that recommended him/her and to the Wire Association International for potential publication in the Wire Journal International.
Essay submission requirements
1. The essay submission must be based on how the candidate can meet the objective of the Scholarship, i.e., how he/she can broaden his/her knowledge of wire and the wire industry for his/her benefit and the benefit of his/her company. Submission of an outline of the candidate’s career aspirations within the wire and cable industry is suggested.
2. The submission must not extend to more than two letter-sized pages.
3. The submission must be typewritten.
4. Candidates must attach a signed letter of recommendation from a director of his/her company.
5. The candidate must complete the application form and return it with his/her submission, as well as the letter of recommendation.
6. The complete package should be sent to:
Wire Link Traveling Scholarship Application
Wire Association International
71 Bradley Road, Ste. 9
Madison, CT 06443-2662 USA