Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.

Enameled aluminium rectangular wire

• Mr Vishwas Chandramurthy
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 5 days ago #2496 by Mr Vishwas Chandramurthy
Enameled aluminium rectangular wire was created by Mr Vishwas Chandramurthy
My company is making enameled aluminum rectangular wires. It is passing all the tests like break down voltage, adherence, flexibility( 4 times thickness and width), elongation. We are having this problem with one customer (A). During winding on a coil former square in shape, the enamel is breaking at the 90 degree bend. Is this curing problem or wire usage problem? With other customers we are supplying same wire without any issues.

We are making bare strip by extrusion and cold rolling process.For extrusion we use water to cool the exuded strip.
With cold rolling we use oil based lubricant and wipe out lubricant before annealing and enameling.
Aluminum is sourced from within India.

What could be the problem.?
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 5 days ago #2500 by Richard Burke
Replied by Richard Burke on topic Re: Enameled aluminium rectangular wire
My first thought is that if this product is passing your shops tests, and all of your other customers are NOT having a problem, I would suspect that the problem might be with the user's equipment or process. Typically I think you stretch the test sample before you do the bend test. If it passes that test it should not fail when just getting bent 90 degrees. The user needs to take a good look at his machine, the size of the mandrel he is bending the wire around, etc.
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777