Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.

Hummidity in production hall

• Mr Nima Rahati
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #2589 by Mr Nima Rahati
Hummidity in production hall was created by Mr Nima Rahati
Hi
Our factory placed near sea and we produce enameled wire. In often days we have high relative humidity (70% to 90%) out side of production hall. We know that standard relative humidity inside of production hall must be max. 70%. But in different places in production hall we have different relative humidity ( for example when out side humidity is 70% in production hall we have 30% humidity near applicators and 50% and near 70% in other places).

Based on above explanations I have some questions:
1- Which place in production hall must be consider for measurement of humidity?
2- Is opening or closing of production hall doors effect on amount of humidity?
3- when production hall doors are open and relative humidity out side of production hall is about 80% and inside of production hall near applicators is about 30% , do we have to close the doors?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #2592 by Richard Burke
Replied by Richard Burke on topic Re: Hummidity in production hall
Did you tell us anything about your equipment? It is really hard to answer some questions when you are provided so little information up front.

In an ideal situation, the enameling room is pressurized and temperature and humidity is controlled. Humidity is a problem because some enamels can adsorb the moisture from the air. Water evaporates at a higher temperature than solvents so that’s a problem.

Is the humidity so high that unpainted metal oxidizes in the plant?

To answer your questions;
1- I don’t think it really matters as long as the sensor is placed so that it is representative of the room humidity.
2- Opening and closing doors is only a problem if you have a negative pressure in the room and if your oven is sucking a lot of air into the top or bottom or either end of the curing oven.
3- if there is 50-60 point difference in humidity , I’m not certain but that may be about as good as you could expect.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

• Mr Nima Rahati
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2593 by Mr Nima Rahati
Replied by Mr Nima Rahati on topic Re: Hummidity in production hall
Dear Richard

I think this is a misunderstanding . I gave you information that I thought was enough. If you want more information, like before, please request. I don't have any problem to share information in this Forum. If I had this intention I would have not participated in the Forum. If you had questions and I didn't answer you it's because I'm always busy but be sure I will answer you as soon as possible. Anyway I thank you for your useful help.

Regarding humidity
According to your description, Do you mean when we don't have negative pressure, we can open doors? On the other hand do you mean that opening or closing doors doesn't have any effect on amount of humidity in the production hall and that humidity in the production hall is an independent parameter and not associated with opening and closing the doors? Is closing doors to prevent humidity entering the production hall effective or not?

Regarding your question:
Outside the production hall we have oxidation on unpainted metals. But in production hall when machines are working we don't have any oxidation on unpainted metals. It's because of temperature (at least 35 C).

thanks
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2596 by Richard Burke
Replied by Richard Burke on topic Re: Hummidity in production hall
Mr. Rahati,

I think you are right. There is a misunderstanding.

People have questions or problems so they post questions. The responses are from industry experienced individuals that are trying to help and are providing the answers for free. No one is being paid to answer your questions.

Sometimes you might have to wait for an answer because they are also busy.

Answers to questions are always easier if more information is provided. For example; you asked where was the best place to measure the humidity but you provided no information about the size or shape of your enameling room or building. It is always good to provide information about the equipment – type of oven, applicator, etc.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777