Search - Forums
Search - Finance/Stocks
Search - Newsfeeds

jobcenterbanner

FacebookLinkedinPinterestYoutube
Welcome, Guest

40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation

40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation 2 years, 3 months ago #308

Friends,
I am interested in finding out industry methods for managing 40AWG wire. Areas include improving methods of stripping, identifying wires in bundles, and soldering.
Currently the operation I am improving manually strips with a razor blade 1-2mm from the ends of quantity 10+ 40 AWG bifilar wires. I am interested in receiving feedback on tools to assist operators to more accurately and easily perform this stripping. I am curious to hear about mechanical means as well as lasers. Rapid identification is also an interest. My thoughts are that this is being done in the electronics world on larger scales. Any direction is appreciated.

Thank you,
MC

Re: 40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation 2 years, 3 months ago #309

Hello Mike,

A razor blade may indeed be the only effective means of mechanically stripping insulation from 40 AWG wire. There are of course thermal means of doing this but you seem not interested in these.

Regards
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
519 641-3212

Re: 40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation 2 years, 3 months ago #310

There is or used to be a company called the Eraser Company that made hand held devices that would strip insulation off magnet wire including very small sizes. At some point you may need to chemically strip it.

Re: 40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation 2 years, 3 months ago #311

There is a company that manufactures a laser wire stripper - Spectrum Technologies - website located at www.spectrumtech.com

Try calling them for your exact needs (and if you have $30,000+ to spend).

Erik Macs
VP North American Machinery Sales
Fine International Corporation
148 Oak Street
Natick, MA 01760 USA
508-315-8200 fax: 615-658-1988
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: 40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation 2 years, 3 months ago #312

The Eraser company can be found at www.eraser.com/catpdf.cgi/Magnet.pdf?mod...oad&catpdf_id=11

From what I see I would say that for the 30 big ones Eric is talking about you could buy 8-10 and some go to 48 awg.

rb

Re: 40 AWG wire Stripping and Manipulation 2 years, 3 months ago #313

hanks Vettecoupe and others. We currently use the eraser cone strippers. However, at a certain point in the process we are unable to use these because 1) the debris they create is too much and 2) they remove too much of the wire core creating a very thin flat and fragile end.
One other area I have been looking into is laser stripping these wires. It seems there are CO2, excimer and yag available. Any thoughts on what wavelength, power, beam size etc would work for the 36, 38 and 40 AWG polyimide coated wire? I would like to keep the equipment profile as small as possible.
Thanks again.

MC
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds