Search - Forums
Search - Finance/Stocks
Search - Newsfeeds

jobcenterbanner

FacebookLinkedinPinterestYoutube
Welcome, Guest

LSF sheathed cables
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: LSF sheathed cables

Re: LSF sheathed cables 2 years, 3 months ago #579

Dear Sanjay,
Sheath cracks sometimes appear in thermoplastic LSF cable sheath if tooling and cooling profile is not ok. Also if exposed to sun ie UV radiation. Suggest you check tooling whether it is landed nipple our nipple is without land. It is preferable to use nipple without land. Also try using GLASS FIBRE TAPING over armour. Please also try to avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.

Regards,
SKD

Re: LSF sheathed cables 2 years, 3 months ago #580

hi sanjay,

i think there are two solutions about your problem.You said it is related to LSF compound.it can be.You should check the tensile strength and elongation values of your product.The tensile strength must be min 10 N/mm2.we are using Fainplast,Polyone and Plextech marked products.We have never seen this problem.If you use hot dipped galvanized wire for armoring you should prefer soft wire.(generally elongation is between 13-14 but manufacturers can do it up to 20

Re: LSF sheathed cables 2 years, 3 months ago #581

Moderator's Note

When you visit the web sites below, it is probable that you will see no information on low smoke, zero halogen thermoplastic compounds but rather find information on vinyl compounds or no detailed information at all. This was my experience when I visited each of them and I posted that information, but I was in error.

I was corrected by private mail by serdar1970 who graciously took the time to show me the appropriate compound specifications.

We therefore recommend that you contact each of these companies directly to obtain information on their low smoke, zero halogen thermoplastic jacketing compounds.

Faraotti Industrie Plastiche s.r.l. (Italy) Fainplast www.fainplast.com/en/site_map.html

PolyOne (US/ Worldwide) www.polyone.com/index.asp

The Plastrade Group of Companies (Malaysia) www.plastradegroup.com/

Thank you again serdar1970!

Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

Re: LSF sheathed cables 2 years, 3 months ago #582

Hello Sanjay
I appears to be a heat related problem under sun,during laying or unrolling of drums at site.
Normally this is observed with bigger diameter cables above 25 mm and with round armoured cables during summer season laying of cables.
I think wrapping of tape over armour may be a solution.
Best Regds
Anil
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds