Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.

Improving Windability of Magnet Wire

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
12 years 3 months ago #745 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Improving Windability of Magnet Wire
where can I get these publications ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
12 years 3 months ago #744 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Improving Windability of Magnet Wire
There has been so much written on these subjects, I thought best to give you a starting spot.

Wire Journal International Magazine

- Guidelines for Successful Enamel Film Coating of Fine Wire by George L. Stewart, June 1983

- Importance of the Conductor and Control of its Properties for Magnet Wire Applications by Horace Pops, April 1993

- Speed Effects in Magnet Wire Drawing by Roger N. Wright and Gil Baker, October 1993

- Current Trends in Wire Enamelling Systems by Richard E. Burke, November 1997

- High Performance Magnet Wires by Gregory G. Kiproff and Ronald J. Beeckman, June 2004

Wire Technology International Magazine

- In-Line Viscosity Control, November 1994

- Improving Enamelling Quality, by Ing. Antonio Spizzamiglio, September 1998

- Understanding the Adhesion Mechanisms of Enamel on Copper in Winding Wires by J. Fournier and L. Danel, November 2000

- Improved Production Control for Enameled Wire by Andras Mariasevic, March 2002

For background you may also want to read:

Electrical Insulating Varnishes: An Overview by Daniel R. Sassano in the IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, November/ December 1992-Vol. 8 No. 6

Kindest regards,

Peter Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

• Mr Mohsen Ajalloueian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2848 by Mr Mohsen Ajalloueian
Replied by Mr Mohsen Ajalloueian on topic Re: Improving Windability of Magnet Wire
Hi

I also interested in improving windability of magnet wire but could not find
the publications. could you please help me

Thanks

Moderator's Note. Go to page one and read the fourth entry. Contact the people and get prices for the copies and order them.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2850 by Richard Burke
Replied by Richard Burke on topic Re: Improving Windability of Magnet Wire
Windabillty is dependent upon many things including the coating on the wire, lubricant if any, the spool (size, shape, and design), winding tension, traversing rate and quality of traverse, and etc.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2881 by Richard Burke
Replied by Richard Burke on topic Re: Improving Windability of Magnet Wire
You have asked similar questions in two areas. Windability depends upon many things. First the coil winder must have his equipment in order meaning alignment of guides, tension, cleanliness, proper training of workers, etc.

As the processor you need to know what your customer needs. What kind of lubricants can his finished product tolerate, what exact enamel he needs, can you use one with friction reduction included in the enamel formula (beware any silicone oils as they can deactivate the catalysts in your ovens) . There are a variety of lubricants that you can use and I suggest you ask your enamel supplier for some suggestions.

Since I know that you do inline drawing, again I want to encourage you to read up on inline drawing, use the right supply wire, and reduce it at least 30% but not more than about 80%! If you do this you should be able to use your pre-annealer to clean the wire and let actual anneal take place in the oven

Apply the desired lubricant just before you spool the wire.

If you are talking about windability on your takeup, then lubricant and traverse rate will also affect it. You have to use a lubricant that is suitable for your customer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Mohsen Ajalloueian

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777