Search - Forums
Search - Finance/Stocks
Search - Newsfeeds

jobcenterbanner

FacebookLinkedinPinterestYoutube
Welcome, Guest

Manganese content in H/C steel rod
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Questions concerning iron and steel, steel making, rod rolling, galvanizing, springs, nails, fencing, and patenting go here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Manganese content in H/C steel rod

Manganese content in H/C steel rod 2 years, 3 months ago #1010

Dear all,
What is the effect of increasing Mn % from 0,50 to 0,90 without changing other composition on 0,75 %C steel rod? can ý increase tensile strenght and ductility?

Best regards.
murat

Murat

Re: Manganese content in H/C steel rod 2 years, 3 months ago #1011

Hello Murat,

I was going to suggest that you discuss this with a metallurgical engineer at your company but when I reviewed your profile, I noted that indeed you are a metallurgical engineer.

You may want to review your university textbooks or discuss this with one of your university professors.

Sincerely,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

Re: Manganese content in H/C steel rod 2 years, 3 months ago #1012

Dear Vettecoupe,
I know the general effect of manganese in steel ( increasing manganese content increase strenght and decrease ductility)however, specially ý want to learn the effect of manganese contet to pearlitic formation during patenting, and the effect of manganese content to the fracture
best regards.

Murat

Re: Manganese content in H/C steel rod 2 years, 3 months ago #1013

Try to find CCT cure for different composition,then you will know their effects.

-------------------
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds