Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Questions concerning iron and steel, steel making, rod rolling, galvanizing, springs, nails, fencing, and patenting go here.

graduation about prestressed wire straightness

• Dr Bram Steijn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #2960 by Dr Bram Steijn
graduation about prestressed wire straightness was created by Dr Bram Steijn
Dear fellow colleagues,

I am a student mechanical engineering and i am currently graduating in a company that creates prestressed steel wire.
my graduation research consists of trying to map all the parameters that have effect on the wire straightness.

my goal will be describing an ultimate process what gives you the best mechanical properties (Rp0,2 and Rm for example) but with also the best straightness. maybe this is optimistic but i have to set a goal, right?

My question actually is: "is there any literature where i can find some theory about the wire drawing process?"

kind regards,

Bram

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #2976 by Eduardo Anaya
Replied by Eduardo Anaya on topic PC wire
1.- The Straightening of the wire is done by a rotating body with tungsten carbide guides inside , the guides are adjusted to obtain the straightenig required. The wire is then coiled on a coiler which diameter is related to the wire diameter.
2.- The mechanical properties will depend on the type of steel rod use ( Chemistry , maily C and Mn) and the total reduction of area ( relation between the inlet diameter and the finish diameter
3.- The book store of the Wire Association has all the information that might be required

More
5 years 8 months ago #2977 by Eduardo Anaya
Replied by Eduardo Anaya on topic PC wire
1.- The Straightening of the wire is done by a rotating body with tungsten carbide guides inside , the guides are adjusted to obtain the straightenig required. The wire is then coiled on a coiler which diameter is related to the wire diameter.
2.- The mechanical properties will depend on the type of steel rod use ( Chemistry , maily C and Mn) and the total reduction of area ( relation between the inlet diameter and the finish diameter
3.- The book store of the Wire Association has all the information that might be required

Moderators: Peter J Stewart-HayEduardo AnayaPeter M Power
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777