Search - Forums
Search - Finance/Stocks
Search - Newsfeeds

jobcenterbanner

FacebookLinkedinPinterestYoutube
Welcome, Guest

Continuous casting of Al-rods and wire
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Nonferrous topics such as copper and aluminum, annealing, etc. go here.

TOPIC: Continuous casting of Al-rods and wire

Re: Continuous casting of Al-rods and wire 2 years, 3 months ago #1487

Does anybody know if there are any pictures that exist of the SCR at western electric hawthorne when it was first installed? I work in the original rod mill building were we still operate the same SCR cast machine. We are interested in the history of the equiptment prior to 1983. Any pics of the rod mill would be helpful. I have some from the 1920's but thats too old.

Re: Continuous casting of Al-rods and wire 2 years, 3 months ago #1488

How was the lighting for those old pictures? Just a joke re the old lighting experiment at the Hawthorne plant.

rb

Re: Continuous casting of Al-rods and wire 2 years, 3 months ago #1489

Sometime in the 1970s the Wire Association International held it's annual conference in Chicago and one of the attractions was a tour of the Western Electric Hawthorn Works continuous cast rod mill. Many WAI members went on that tour but I cannot recall if cameras were allowed. The WAI however should have promotional shots of the mill and since the Hawthorne Works and Western Electric no longer exist, I would assume that if you contact the WAI staff, you should be able to get some copies of their photos. I suggest you contact Editor-in-Chief - Mark A. Marselli via this web page www.wirenet.org/about/contact.htm

Sincerely,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds