Search - Forums
Search - Finance/Stocks
Search - Newsfeeds

jobcenterbanner

FacebookLinkedinPinterestYoutube
Welcome, Guest

Copper Wire Annealing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Nonferrous topics such as copper and aluminum, annealing, etc. go here.

TOPIC: Copper Wire Annealing

Re: Copper Wire Annealing 2 years, 3 months ago #1546

All I know about the Cook Machinery Company was that it was bought by the Entwistle Company in 1984.

I believe that George Morris was or is part of the Morris family you mentioned.

Best Regards
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

Re: Copper Wire Annealing 2 years, 3 months ago #1547

Just remembered the name I could not last night: Fred Krafft. I assume he has long passed away.

rb

Re: Copper Wire Annealing 2 years, 3 months ago #1548

I was looking through some old papers today...Syncro had an F annealer that was good to 6 AWG. Cool Machine that I think it said an RA-6 and it went to 4 AWG. Still no 2 AWG annealers.

Re: Copper Wire Annealing 2 years, 3 months ago #1549

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for all of the responses. These are all good leads and will help me in my quest to produce this product in a single operation.

Frank and Willy,

I will contact you both, to investigate the systems suggested.

Best regards,
Raoul

Re: Copper Wire Annealing 2 years, 3 months ago #1550

I have had it confirmed by a family member that Mr. George L. Morris (And yes Spectre, that was the family.) was the owner of the Syncro Machine Company prior to selling it to Ceeco. Likewise, the largest resistance annealer they made was the 300 KVA unit that seldom ever ran a gauge larger than #6. This was the Syncro "F" Annealer. I was also advised that Syncro held the first patent on resistance annealing.

I am very sorry to have witnessed the demise of this grand old company.

Best regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

Re: Copper Wire Annealing 2 years, 3 months ago #1551

Peter,

Thanks for the info. There was also a guy named Morris that left Syncro to take a job at Amp about the time the company was sold. That was a long time ago and I don't remember his name but just as it is sad to see the demise of grand old companies, it is sad to see some of the "great engineers, designers, etc." that were instrumental in building the modern wire industry ride off into the sunset.

RE/Spectre
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds