Minimization of melting loss however will have to come from someone with that particular metallurgical background and experience or by you contacting the Argonne labs directly to learn the results of their project.
1) Don't charge light scrap on the top of the charge.
2) Stay away from really light stuff like chips. It just turns to dross.
3) Don't over heat your furnaces.
4) Don't ever try and recharge dross because some bean counter thinks that there is good metal in it. Just send it out and wait for the RSI (Recycling Services Income) to return. If you put the dross back it your furnace it will just make a LOT more dross.
5) Don't leave an alloyed furnace sitting for long periods of time before casting.