Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Have a question on lubricants, wire drawing, quality, testing, ISO, environmental? Post your question here to get the answer!

Looking for Cut Wire Trays for Harness Assembly

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #1905 by Archived Forum Admin
Looking for Cut Wire Trays for Harness Assembly was created by Archived Forum Admin
I am looking to purchase prep trays for wiring harnesses. We are bulding harnesses that need as many as 50 unique tray locations. If anybody has any suggestions or a product please let me know. I am looking to set up 6 stations.

Chris Leone
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #1906 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Looking for Cut Wire Trays for Harness Assembly
Hi Chris,

The ones I saw were for helicopters and were home made from 4'x8' sheets of 1" plywood. They were stored and used almost vertically (Say 10 degrees tilted back from vertical.) (4' side vertical) and could be tandemized (end to end) for longer runs. Each wire along the main bundle was fanned out (upwards or downwards) via nylon covered steel pegs, each about 1/2" in diameter, to it's proper termination length and position. It was also identified by name and color on the board itself. (At the end point.) After identifying, terminating and testing each wire, the harness was gently and carefully bound with a narrow (1/2"), flat, polymeric tape (Via slots along and through the board behind the main bundle.) and then removed from the wire tray and helically wrapped with tape.

It seemed to work really well for small machines. Obviously this is of little value for most harnesses in big machines such as a 767.

Kindest regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9