Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Have a question on lubricants, wire drawing, quality, testing, ISO, environmental? Post your question here to get the answer!

Enemel compound

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2246 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Enemel compound
Richard,

I suggest that you look at these two web pages:

www.wirenet.org/about/exec.htm
www.jjlowe.com/contact.html

Cheers,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2247 by Archived Forum Admin
Mr. Ayala,

Most enameling compound manufactures have either representatives in Mexico or blending facilities.

There are a several really large magnet wire manufactures in Mexico and they probably manufacture some of their enamels and purchase the rest. Enamel manufacturing is complex so what usually happens is a wire manufacturer will purchase what are called intermediates and then mix them with appropriate solvents, etc. until they have product that meets their needs.

DuPont used to provide a product that they called PyreML. I think that they sold that business. Also I am pretty certain that GE sold their enamel business to another compaany.

From Peter's posting it appears that there has been a further cosolidation of the manufactures and the two he listed may be the only two left in NA.

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2248 by Archived Forum Admin
Moderator's Note - Second Confirmed North American Enamel Supplier

Richard,

The information you just provided gave me a product name to search for. The result being Industrial Summit Technology Corp. of Japan. They purchased the Pyre-ML Business from E.I.DuPont, in June 1994 and established a branch of the IST Corporation in the US. www.istusa.com/

The Pyre-ML data page is at www.istusa.com/pyredata.htm

The particulars are:
Industrial Summit Technology Corp./
I.S.T.(USA)Branch
500 Cheesequake Road, Parlin, NJ 08859
TEL 732-238-2211 FAX 732-238-2369
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2249 by Archived Forum Admin
Peter, the following is reply from SI Group's John Fisher. He gave me the following contacts: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

"Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting SI Group®.

The insulating varnishes and enamels business was sold to Altana several years ago. The folks on the cc list above are part of that group and should be able to help you with your needs."

Thanks for reminding me of IST. I could not remember the name and did not do an adequate search. On the other hand I did discover that it appears that Altana has purchased the two largest enamel providers (or enamel divisions of chemical companies) in the USA plus they own the old SIVA company, possibly Beck or Herberts and who know what else. Altana PDG also purchased the Phelps Dodge enamel plant in Ft. Wayne a number of years ago. Unless you are still making your own enamels your are limited in suppliers. At the same time you might be buying intermediates from the same company that could provide you a finished product.

The worst thing about mass industry consolidation is it limits creativity, limits options, drives prices, and heaven help you and everyone else if they get caught up in the financial crunch.

richard

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777