Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Have a question on lubricants, wire drawing, quality, testing, ISO, environmental? Post your question here to get the answer!

Annealer Wiring Instructions

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2282 by Archived Forum Admin
Annealer Wiring Instructions was created by Archived Forum Admin
Hello to all,
I am new to the field of CU drawing/ annealing. I am experiencing difficulty with a Syncro (I believe a c-13), annealer with a built in preheater.
My problem is that we have no wiring diagram for these units. I checked both machines and found that the wiring to each sheave(band) is different. I assume that the first three bands are annealing bands, and the last two are preheat.
I've searched the net for information when I discovered this site. Where can I obtain wire schematics for these relics??

Kevin Carriere

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2283 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Annealer Wiring Instructions
Hello Kevin,

The first place I would look is Ceeco-Bartell in the USA. www.ceecomfg.com/cs_03.html

The second place to try would be the Winget-Syncro division of Cable Machinery Spares in England. www.wingetsyncro.co.uk/

A third place you might get information from is the former employees from Ceeco, Roteq Machinery Inc.in Canada. www.roteqmachinery.com/

I am not exactly sure which annealer you are talking about but I suspect it is a Syncro C-3 annealer for intermediate wire sizes such as telephone wire (26 to 19 AWG). The final two sheaves may be reheat to bring the wire up to some temperature prior to tandemized extrusion.

When an electric, in-line annealer is equipped with a reheating section that section is normally called reheat because, at the annealer, the wire is preheated, annealed, cooled, dried and then reheated.

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9