Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Have a question on lubricants, wire drawing, quality, testing, ISO, environmental? Post your question here to get the answer!

Verification of Wire Drawing indicated speed

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2396 by Archived Forum Admin
Verification of Wire Drawing indicated speed was created by Archived Forum Admin
We have a number of Niehoff and Filmtec machines in use here. I would like to purchase a device to periodically verify the speed of the machines with another device so I can have faith in the indicated speed. We draw precious metal wire down to 0.001" dia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2397 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Verification of Wire Drawing indicated speed
Hello,

I suggest you contact this company and discuss your precise application with them. I am confident that they will provide you with an excellent solution.

Hans Schmidt & Co GmbH
Schichtstraße 16
84478 Waldkraiburg
Deutschland

Telefon: int. +49 (0) 8638 / 9410-0
Fax: int. +49 (0) 8638 / 4825
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.hans-schmidt.com/EN/home

Regards
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
519 641-3212

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2398 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Verification of Wire Drawing indicated speed
Hallo thomajt:

Be inventive! Develop it by yourself.
There are two types of mechanical measurement: to measure direct or to measure indirect. I think that your machine manufacturer use the signal generator of a motor drive to calculate the speed (v=[D+dwire]*pi*n*/i)). This is an indirect measurement.
If you use an existing pulley or roller and ad/connect a signal generator + controller (v=s/t; v=d*pi*n) you can calculate and indicate the speed and also the length of your product. This would be a direct measurement. Take into consideration the equation of "Eytelwein", the equation of "Hook", the equation of "Poisson" and the equations of the "science of tensile strength" (Physics). The result will be a customized, small assembly which is as good as the above recommended products. Now you can compare an indirect measured value with an direct measured value.

Indirect measurement -> "machineelement/assembly is doing something with the wire (example: pulling)"
Direct measurement -> "wire is doing something with the machineelement/assembly (example: rotation)"

Best regards

Juan Carlos González Villar

Kabel.Consult.Ing
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.kabelconsulting.de

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2399 by Archived Forum Admin
Since you are dealing with precious metals, personally I would number every spool, weight it before I put wire on it and weight it again after I put wire on the spool. You probably are not as interested in high speeds as you are in giving away some of your wire. You probably sell it for price per pound, ounce, or gram plus a fab adder. I's want to make certain I knew the exact weight as opposed to the exact foot or inch. With precious metals, the difference in weight in 10,000 meters (or a lot less length) of min-nom diameter and nom-max diameter could be expensive if dealing with gold or platinum.

rb

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777