Region covered: The states of Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa
President – Bill Bender, Worth Steel & Machinery Inc
Treasurer – Dennis Rohrs, Fort Wayne Metals Research
Secretary – Tim Fingeroos, Charter Steel
Past President – Kevin Sopczak, Leggett & Platt Shaped Wire
Recent programs and news:
• June 22, 2012 - 10th Annual WAI Midwest Chapter Golf Tournament
Golf chairman Kevin Sopczak of Shaped Wire reported the results as follows: Lowest Score, 65 (7 under par), Ben Walley, Jim Hoffman, Nick Harris, and Joe Best, all of Classic Die Service; Closest to the pin Hole #3 - Bob Bender of Worth Steel & Machinery; Closest to the pin Hole #7 - Paul Zollinger of BAE Systems; Closest to the pin Hole #15 - Suzie Mullins of A-1 Wire Tech; andLongest Drive Hole #10 - Tony Iuliano (CASMI).
• June 20, 2011 - 9th Annual WAI Midwest Chapter Golf Tournament
• June 21, 2010 - 8th Annual WAI Midwest Chapter Golf Tournament
• June 15, 2009 - 7th Annual WAI Midwest Chapter Golf Tournament
• June 23, 2008 - 6th Annual WAI Midwest Chapter Golf Tournament
Midwest chapter scholarship winners:
• Jason DeGrado, son of Jim DeGrado, Worth Steel & Machinery Inc.
• Colin Downey, son of John Downey, sales manager at Fort Wayne Wire Die
• Jacob Benner, son of Bradley Benner, president of Alps Wire Rope Corp.
• Shelby Leigh Herb, daughter of Jim Herb, sales and marketing manager at Michigan Wire Processing Co.
• Robert Albright, son of Raymond Albright, manager of process engineering at Superior Essex
• James Joseph DeGrado Jr., son of Jim DeGrado, general manager at Worth Steel & Machinery Inc.
• Brittany Moline, daughter Kelly Moline, president at Tech Strand
• Hannah Downey, daughter of John Downey, sales manager at Fort Wayne Wire Die
• Lauren Quick, daughter of James Quick, quality/technical manager at Charter Steel