Ohio Valley Chapter
Region covered: The states of Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania (west of State College), and New York (west of Rochester)
President – Rob Fulop, Wire Lab Co.
Treasurer – Michael Caranna, American Spring Wire Corp.
Past President – Dane Armendariz, Henkel Corp.
Director – David Gooch, Charter Steel
Director – Eric Marquardt, Enkotec Co. Inc.
Director – Aaron Nolan, Sumitomo Electric Carbide
Director – Tom Maxwell, Jr., Die Quip Corp.
Recent programs and news:
• August 2, 2012 - 10th Annual WAI Ohio Valley Chapter Golf Tournament
The WAI Ohio Valley Chapter held its 10th Annual Golf Tournament on August 2 at the Grantwood Golf Course in Solon, Ohio. A total of 34 player participated and the winning team included Dave Simpson, Worldwide Superabrasives, Vince Griffin, Premier Wire Die, Chris Winkel, Worldwide Superabrasives, Mike Swift, Premier Wire Die, and tournament vice chairman Mike Caranna, American Spring Wire. The sponsors for the event included: Amacoil, $5000 Hole in One; Wire Lab, Closest to Pin; US Synthetic Wire Die, Closest to Pin; Premier Wire Die, Corporate Hole; ENKOTEC, Corporate Hole; Bekaert Orrville, Corporate Hole; Victor Metal, Corporate Hole; and Worldwide Superabrasives.
• August 3, 2011 - 9th Annual WAI Ohio Valley Chapter Open
• August 5, 2010 - 8th Annual WAI Ohio Valley Chapter Open
• October 22, 2009 - Chapter Dinner Meeting featuring "State of the Steel Wire Industry"
• August 5, 2009 - 7th Annual WAI Ohio Valley Chapter Open
• November 1, 2007 - Chapter Dinner Meeting featuring "Lean Manufacturing"