Join WAI's wireNETworking!
- Join our wire & cable community
- View profiles and add new friends
- Share your photos and videos
- Create your own group or join others
- Oct023791 Clubhouse Drive Conover, NC 28613
- Process: Steel Wire Drawing
6 reduction steps
Output speed: 4,5 m/s
Wire rod steel grade: SAE 1513
Use of wire: Production of welding wire after a 2nd redraw in a wet drawing machine. Final wire diameter: 0,80mm
Is there a test determine the amount of lubricant on the wire surface that can be made in the production line?
We usually do a test by taking a sample of the wire to the lab. Clean it and do a weight difference analysis but it takes too much time.
- Thomas A Whitcombe replied to the topic 'Instrumnt for wire drawing lubricant concentration' in the forum.Beware! The refractometer will measure EVERYTHING except pure water. Once you have contaminants in the coolant they can contribute to the reading. Also, if the emulsion is unstable you can get a false reading as well. Your readings should be compared to an acid split test periodically.
- WAI Events added a new event, The Vannais Southeast Chapter’s 13th Annual Golf Tournament