- About me
- A university trained Professional Mechanical Engineer, registered in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
A wire and cable manufacturing engineering specialist with over 35 years hands on experience.
- Peter J Stewart-Hay replied to the topic 'Selection of braiding material for RG6 cable' in the forum.Hello Again Mr. Anand Singh,
If indeed you carefully read the Belden information I attached, you wouldn't have given the above reply.
For legal reasons we will not design your cable or parts thereof but we can give you some insight;
- The braid material is used to hold the 100% foil shielding from opening when the cable is bent or packaged as per the Belden information
- The braiding material must not create galvanic corrosion
- The braiding material must not corrode in water, moisture or other corrosive materials such as sulfuric acid
- The braiding material must be fully annealed or annealed adequately so that the braid will not break when bent or packaged.
If you or your product engineers cannot figure out the braid material you need then you should not enter the electronics cable industry.
- Peter J Stewart-Hay replied to the topic 'Selection of braiding material for RG6 cable' in the forum.
- Peter J Stewart-Hay replied to the topic 'keep directly under water for long period of time' in the forum.Hello Again Mr. Sasith Bogahawatte,
I did not receive your idea for manufacturing underwater power cable as it would have been swept clear by our unknown mail protection system. I also do not want you to mail me such possibly patentable ideas because that sort of intellectual property belongs to you and you alone. In fact, I don't want you to write my Company at all. All information should go through the Forums for all to appreciate and receive benefit from. This is a legal position and represents nothing personal. I hope you understand.
Identified standards are the result of your own research.