4/7/2021: WEST DUNDEE, Illinois – HELUKABEL recently announced that multiple PVC-jacketed control and motor cables have recently been tested and certified by ECOLAB for use during washdown processes found typically in the food and beverage industries.
The newly certified control and motor cable families are suitable for various stationary, flexing, and continuous-flex/drag chain applications. The products that were subjected to the 28-day test using cleaning/disinfecting substances Topactive 200, Topactive 500, P3-topax 66, P3-topactive OKTO, and P3-topax 990 along with demineralized water (used for zero-reference value) were:
PVC/Nylon Insulated, PVC Jacketed, NFPA 79 Compliant Control Cables
• TRAYCONTROL® 300 / TRAYCONTROL® 300-C
• TRAYCONTROL® 300 TP / TRAYCONTROL® 300 TP-C
• TRAYCONTROL® 500 / TRAYCONTROL® 500-C
• TRAYCONTROL® 530
• TRAYCONTROL® 600 / TRAYCONTROL® 600-C
• MULTIFLEX 600 / MULTIFLEX 600-C
XLPE Insulated, PVC Jacketed, NFPA 79 Compliant Control Cable
• TRAYCONTROL® X XLPE Insulated, PVC Jacketed, NFPA 79 Compliant VFD Motor Cables
• TOPFLEX® 600 VFD
The cable families mentioned above were tested in accordance with ECOLAB test PM 40-1, which requires cables to be completely immersed in the various cleaning/disinfecting substances for up to 28 days at constant room temperature. Upon complete of the immersion test cables are then subjected to visual inspection to see if any swelling, brittleness or discoloring has occurred in comparison to the cables immersed in demineralized water.
Additional information on each of the ECOLAB cleaning/disinfecting substances used in the testing process:
• Topactive 200: Alkaline, chlorine-free foam cleaner in the food and beverage industries
• Topactive 500: Acid foam cleaning substance for the food and beverage industries
• P3-topax 66: Alkaline foam cleaning detergent with active chlorine for machine cleaning in the food and beverage industries
• P3-topactive OKTO: Acid disinfectant based on peracetic acid/hydrogen peroxide for the food and beverage industries
• P3-topax 990: Neutral, non-oxidizing disinfecting agent for foam application in the food and beverage industries
HELUKABEL USA, Inc. is the wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of HELUKABEL GmbH, a leading international manufacturer of cables and wires, with 55 locations in 36 countries throughout the world.