Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Nonferrous topics such as copper and aluminum, annealing, etc. go here.

Copper Wire bunching

More
8 years 4 months ago #2918 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic Copper Wire bunching
Hello again,

Please see the comment on my first post.
Thank you.

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2919 by Willy M Hauer
Replied by Willy M Hauer on topic Copper Wire bunching
Hi Sam,

Double Twist Bunchers (today really a misnomer since they are mainly used for stranding) are one of the most versatile and productive machines in our industry. They require, however, some rather rigid set-up parameters, starting with the correct wire tension, closing die, lay length etc.

I beg to differ with Peter's sentiment that a double twist machine will produce an inferior product to a single twist machine. That was true 25 years ago, in the meantime double twisters produce perfectly valid 61 wire stranded conductors.

The subject your are addressing cannot be simply answered by a few responses to your questions as there are too many possible variables in the process, starting from the material type, diameter, machine brand, to which standard you wish to produce and more.

Best Regards
Willy
Howar Equipment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Samantha Bandara

More
4 years 10 months ago #3018 by Tom Brown
Replied by Tom Brown on topic Wire bunching
I see most Bunching machines rotate the filament around the Payoff or Take-up end. This can make for a very large machine.
Is it possible to perform the bunching process as a standalone, where PO/TU would be totally separated from the physical machine makeup and only needs to supply/receive the filament?

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777